Saturday, February 2, 2008

Another Dull Saturday

SONG OF THE MOMENT: "Hollywood Swinging" by Kool and the Gang - because its a great funk song and it reminds me of going to roller rinks when i was a kid . That and I'm not going to lie and say I'm not excited for America's Best Dance Crew , because the team BreakSk8 is going to win it all!

I'm so fuckin' in love with "Rock Band" that I might actually fork over the close to $200 bucks to buy my own for the PS2 (i don't plan on getting a PS3 or XBox 360, what do I look like Mr. Moneybags??) I had a low key night last night when my friend invited me over for a games night. It was definitely a lot better than me out trolling boystown for that next potential trick which actually rarely happens in the first place. And like I posted earlier in the week, I'm really doing my best at avoiding most social settings dealing with gay men. Not worth my time . . .
But I digress. To put it short and simple, I stayed until 4 a.m. rocking out on the drum set feeling like a rock star (according to my friends, since I had it on the simpliest level, I'm 99% easy!) giving rhythm to songs from Soundgarten, Nine Inch Nails, the Yeah Yeah Yeah, and other rockin songs (c'mon rapping along to "Epic" by Faith No More, fuckin' awesome! and Creep really is a great depressing song!!) I'm itching to really buy a drum set and learn to play. Nothing like beating on a bunch of cylinders to get all frustration out!

So I got home at 4:30 in the morning and got up 4 hours later to do the track workout that was meant for Thursday. My friend and I finished it but I will say that it kicked my ass in more ways than one. and I still have the problem of starting out to fast and wasting all the energy too early. I need to learn to build my momentum instead of losing it. Kind of reminds me of the Ohio State Football Teams in the National Championships . . . (and as Buckeye fan, that was a true but low blow!)

And now I'm bored out of my fuckin' mind right now. Lord knows I need some action but maybe I just need to wind down. My friend is going to pick me up soon so I can indulge on an unhealthy diet of Wendy's and the best damn cupcakes from Sweet Mandy B's. I know, I know, I shouldn't be eating like this especially when I start training hardcore again, but its my body and if I want to riddle it with heart-clogging cholesterol I'll do as I damn please . . . until I feel guilty an hour later. Oh, well . . .

So until I have something more interesting to inform on or rant on, I'll bid adieu for now.

Until next time . . .

No comments: