Thursday, February 14, 2008

Another Single Awareness Day . . .



SONG OF THE MOMENT: "Ex-Factor" - Lauryn Hill - This was a tough choice but I keep coming back to her lyric saying " Cause no one's hurt me more than you and no one ever will" Stay strong my sista . . . LOL! Doesn't mean I'm feeling the same way right now. I'm actually in a decent good mood. I just pulled if from AOL Spinner's "Top 20 Meanest Love Songs" and somehow it just felt appropriate. LMAO

So its pretty much my least favorite "holiday" per se as many of you know me especially because I don't acknowledge its existence (I will argue, pretty damn well if I might add, that this really is a false holiday and i'm sure St. Valentine would be rolling in his grave over what a day in his honor has become) SO TO EVERYONE, HAPPY SINGLE AWARENESS DAY.

I don't want to dwell on the topic of this most horrendous of holidays since many of you know how I feel. Now it doesn't mean I'm some heartless git. When I showed my roommate the article about the bride who died during her first dance at her wedding, he said something along the lines that there is a semblance of a heart in that black hole. What can I say, I'm a secretly a softie who secretly love rom-coms. BUT DON'T GO SPREADING THAT SHIT AROUND! And I'm not in some shitty depressed mood contrary to my hatred of this day. I'm actually in a good mood as I mentioned above. It might be because I know I'll go out tonight and celebrate with other V-D hating people or that I leave for New York City in 48 hours . . . THANK GOD!! But I digress . . .

So back to whats been going on with me. I injured myself on Monday during routine kickboxing drills. It was something so simple too and I just felt a pop (well more like a click) in the area between the gluts and hamstring in my right leg. But being the stubborn competitor that I am, I had planned on doing my cycling and running workout on Tuesday, even when a few of my friends told me to take it easy. Just in case, I went to talk to the resident Physical Therapist at my gym. After a quick examination, he told me NOT to cycle and no kicking. I can jog when I stop limping and give the injury a rest. Luckily he said I can swim. He told me that I'll risk making it worse to the point where I'll be out the whole season and is that a risk I really want to take. Check Mate. So no leg workouts for a week (and I was doing so well at my track interval workouts too!) but have exponentially increased the intensity and distance in the pool. Its a good thing that my recovery week is approaching too. I will say it been surprisingly easy for me to get back into full training mood. I didn't even realize that I've been spending more and more time at the gym until this week. And I have noticed that I'm starting to lean up again. So hopefully by late March I'll be close to racing weight. Too bad. I was kind of enjoying building some muscle. I'll keep you posting as training continues, maybe I'll even start posting how my typical workout / training goes.

I had an amazing time last weekend for my friend Karin's surprised birthday party. The picture above is the boxing / kickboxing crew at her birthday party. It was so much fun and the fact that the bartender called me a pussy for slowing down on my beer (which was a heavy beer might I add) was kind of funny . . . and its probably why I don't remember how I got home. Funny how alcohol works.

So seeing as how I lost my train of thought which is very typical of me, I leave you with these quotes just to show I'm not completely an asshole about love. I read these off of another persons blog but I feel its fitting for me to repeat just so we all can have a positive attitude when deep down you might feel the opposite.

"No man is worth crying over, and the one that is would never make you cry alone !!"

"Don't leave the one you love for the one you like cause the one you like will leave you for the one they love !"

"You can close your eyes to things you don't want to see, but you can't close your heart to things you don't want to feel."

So until next time . . .

No comments: